- Click on the film you would like to see and then book your tickets. Food & Drink options will be displayed once you have chosen your film.
- Tickets are for one vehicle (rather than per person) and you should not exceed the legal amount of passengers for your car.
- As well as Standard tickets, there are also Premium tickets for pole position in the front rows and tickets for large vehicles and disabled tickets for easier access to the on site facilities.
- Vehicles that are not permitted include bicycles, motorbikes or scooters, convertibles without a roof, car with trailer attached, minibuses, buses, caravans, motorhomes & HGVs.
- If you have a large car such as a SUV, people mover, van, or anything larger than a standard car, please book a ‘Large Car’ ticket. Larger cars will go at the end of rows or at the back so that everyone gets a good view. Cars are parked alternately so there shouldn’t be a car directly in front of you.
- Please check the film certification when purchasing your tickets and make sure that everyone attending is of the right age. ID will be needed for anyone lucky enough to look younger than the film rating age.
- Your ticket will be emailed to you as a Print at Home ticket. Please make sure you bring it with you either as a printout or an a phone/mobile device and display them on your dashboard as you enter the site. These will be checked on arrival.
- When you book your ticket, it is vital to provide the registration number of the car you will be driving at the event as entry is via car registration number. If you need to change your vehicle, please update your car registration number via the website. If you go onto the What’s On page, click Buy Tickets for the film you have already booked and then click on ‘Already Ordered Tickets’ at the top of the page. If you enter your booking reference and email address you can then get into your order to change your registration number or add food & drink to your booking. Please note that anyone arriving without a ticket will not be allowed access.
- Please note that film details are subject to change as film studios may hold back films at short notice and other factors may mean we have to make changes, in which case ticket holders will be informed as soon as possible and offered alternative arrangements.
- Please download the Butlr app for ordering food & drink from your car on the day, via The App Store or at www.getbutlr.com. The app will recognise your location and the Cinema Retrow menu will be top of the list when you arrive on site.
- Please bring a bin bag or similar with you as all in-car rubbish must be taken away with you. Anyone seen dropping litter from their car may be asked to leave.
- Please bring a face mask / face covering for everyone in your car. Although PPE is not needed when inside your car, it is required when outside your car if visiting the toilets for your and other guests’ safety.
- Make sure you use your own facilities before leaving home! This will help to reduce queuing at the event portaloos and to maintain social distancing.
- As it may get chillier after dark, you might like to bring duvets/blankets and pillows. Conversely, if it’s a hot day, you could bring handheld fans with you to keep cool. NB. chilled water and drinks will be available for ordering from your car and windows can be opened to create a cross-draught.
- If anyone in your party is on medication, please remember to bring it with you.
- The event entrance is at the rear of the Trowbridge train station car park (east/Asda side).
- Please display your ticket on the driver’s dashboard for checking by entrance security or alternatively have it ready to show on your phone through the car window.
- You will be directed up to the far end of the site to collect your mini iaudio receiver/speaker from a table at the event HQ tent, via your car window. You will also be given an information sheet. Your number plate will be checked against the guest list and marshals will then guide you to your parking bay.
- Your ticket will state your arrival time. Please make sure you arrive within your 10 minute time slot to help with traffic management. If you are late, you may have to park nearer the back.
- Please note that the SIA licenced security guards have the right to conduct security searches of vehicles and bags as cars enter the venue.
- We have set up the site to allow viewing from all cars and bays are arranged on a grid system so there shouldn’t be a car directly in front of you. Larger vehicles such as SUVs, 4x4s and people carriers, will be parked at the end of rows or the rear to allow the best view for all.
- Guests must remain inside their cars to maintain social distancing, except if visiting the toilets or in the event of an emergency. In the event of exceptionally hot weather, ticket holders will be contacted the day before with further instructions, which may include being able to sit outside your vehicle, but only on the passenger side so that everyone can maintain social distancing.
- Convertible cars may not have their roofs open, again so that social distancing can be maintained, for passing event staff and visitors walking to and from the facilities.
- Every space will be marked with its bay number, which must be used when ordering food & drink via the in-car app.
- Please SWITCH OFF YOUR ENGINE once you have parked to protect the environment and the health of fellow cinema-goers and the event team. Please keep it switched off until after the film, when a parking marshal directs you to leave. Windows can be opened to create a cross-breeze. If air conditioning is needed it can usually be operated for short periods with key turned half way on, but be careful not to drain the battery. If it rains and windscreen wipers are needed, the engine can be switched on if your car doesn’t allow them to work otherwise.
- Remember it may be colder after sunset so bring warm clothing/blankets/duvet/pillows with you so you can be warm and snug when watching the evening films.
- Please note that we are near a train station. Trains are fairly quiet and you are unlikely to hear them with the windows closed.
- Smoking is not permitted at this event, this includes e-cigarettes.
- No vehicles may move from their parking space during the event unless directed to by an event marshal or in the event of an emergency. If you have to leave for any reason, it is important that a marshal guides you out, so please put on your hazard lights to attract their attention.
- If you have any problems, please put on your hazard lights and the event team will be with you as soon as possible.
- When the film finishes, please remain parked with your engine switched off until you see the row in front of you directed to leave by the parking marshals.
- Remember to turn your car lights on again after dark.
- Follow the marshals instructions and please leave promptly when directed so not to hold up other drivers.
- Do not overtake other cars!
- Please have your speakers/receivers ready to carefully place gently onto the speaker return table in the small tent by the exit, via your car window. Please do not get out of the car as this will hold up the exiting traffic.
- Please respect local neighbours by leaving the venue quietly.
- We hope you have a lovely time and a safe journey home!
- You can order your food & drink online when buying your ticket. Alternatively, you can download the Butlr smartphone app via the App Store before leaving home so you can order delicious food & drink from the comfort of your car on the day.
- Remember to put your Parking Bay number onto your food & drink order so we can find you! It will be delivered to the box by your driver’s door by one of the roller skating team who will knock on your window to let you know its there. Please wait for them to leave before opening your door to collect it and also check that nobody is getting out of the car next to you at the same time, to maintain social distancing.
- Food & drink is prepared to the latest Covid-19 health & safety regulations. Masks and gloves will be worn by the food team and surfaces are disinfected regularly. JC’s Kitchen was voted the best ‘restaurant’ in Bath and has a 5* hygiene rating. Sweets are packed in sealed bags, drinks are delivered in tins and food delivered inside pizza-style boxes. The roller skating delivery team will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free food options are available on the menu.
- If you have any issue with your order, please put on your hazard lights for a marshal to visit you or text the number on your info sheet. Please note, no cash payments can be accepted on site.
- We have a great selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available to order. Please drink responsibly and ensure you have a designated driver. Remember that drinking and driving is illegal.
- The Cinema Retrow Bar operates a ‘Challenge 25’ policy, if you are lucky enough to look under 25 you will be asked for ID on delivery of any order containing alcohol. If you are unable to provide ID, service will be refused and a refund will be issued after the event.
- Any alcoholic drinks purchased on site must be consumed before you leave the site.
- All rubbish must be taken home with you so please bring a suitable bag or container with you. Please recycle any bottles, cans and cardboard.
- We have 5 x individual portaloos on site, including 2 x accessible toilets, spaced over 2m apart with ground markings to aid social distancing if queuing.
- Hand sanitiser will be available inside each toilet, so please use the sanitiser on entering the portaloos and before leaving. Toilets will be regularly cleaned and inspected.
- Face masks or face coverings must be worn when visiting the toilets to help protect yourself and others.
- Please keep two metres distance from anyone you may come across when outside your car.
- Marshals will be monitoring the portaloo area to ensure social distancing is respected.
- Please make sure everyone uses the facilities at home before leaving, which will help to reduce queuing at the event
- Please DO NOT approach any our event team in person. If you have any problems, please turn your hazard lights on and a marshal will attend as soon as possible. If you are out of the car, please wave to catch their attention from a safe distance.
- Other than using the toilet, please remain in your vehicle, unless told by the organisers that you may sit outside the vehicle in the event of exceptionally hot weather.
- If you require assistance, or have any questions, please put on your hazard lights and a marshal visit you as soon as possible. Please keep at least 2m distance from marshals at all times.
- There will be first-aiders on site, but please make sure you bring any medication you or your passengers may need with you and do not come to the event if you are feeling unwell. If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 it is imperative that you stay at home and do not attend the event.
- Information about safety and event procedures will be displayed on the leaflet given to everyone on arrival, as well as on screen announcements before and after the film.
- At the end of the event, cars will be asked to leave row by row, starting with the front row by the screen. Please only switch your engine on when you see the row before you leave to reduce noise and pollution. Don’t forget to turn your lights on.
- Please gather up your speaker/receiver and have it ready to gently place on the returns table in the small tent by the exit, via your car window.
- Please treat the speakers with respect and place them on the table gently. They will be cleaned and disinfected after each film.
- Please help us to protect the environment and prevent the spread of Covid-19 by taking your rubbish home with you. Anyone seen dropping rubbish from their car may be reported for fly-tipping or asked to leave.
- Please note that Cinema Retrow cannot be held liable or responsible for any damage. Please drive carefully when on site and when leaving the event please be considerate of nearby residents.
- Have a safe journey home!
Ticket prices are per car rather than per passenger. The number of passengers should not exceed the number of available seatbelts and the legal capacity of your vehicle.
Everyone must stay inside their car for the duration of the event to ensure social distancing, unless visiting the toilet facilities. (Please wear a face mask or covering when visiting the toilets).
In the event of exceptionally hot weather, it may be possible to sit outside your car, but only on the left/passenger side to ensure social distancing. Ticket holders will be emailed the day before the event to let them know if this will be possible and to provide further details.
Film audio is brought to you via wireless in-car receivers, collected via your car window from the collection table at the main event marquee at the far end of the site on arrival. Please check to see if you have an ‘Aux In’ socket (usually on your radio dashboard – see here for details) beforehand as you can plug the mini-receiver into the socket to play the film audio on your car speakers. If you don’t have an aux-in socket you can also pick up a high quality mini digital speaker with your receiver, which you can place on your dashboard for great movie sounds.
The receivers and speakers are battery powered so will not drain your car battery!
Yes all the devices will be cleaned and sanitised between each screening. You collect them via your car window from the Event HQ tent on arrival and return them onto a table by the exit when you leave so you don’t have to leave your car.
We’ve set the site up to allow a good view from all cars, which will be parked alternately so there shouldn’t be a car directly in front of you.
When you book your ticket you’ll be asked to select if you have a standard or a large car (SUVs, People Carriers etc). Larger vehicles will be parked towards the back or on the end of rows to ensure the best view for everyone. There are also Premium tickets available for the first 4 rows for those who prefer pole position.
The screen will be raised up above the unit lorry, with the bottom of the screen approx 5m off the ground and the top approx 10.7m high. The bright LED screen is 10.5m wide.
Yes. Opening the windows is possible and a good idea on warm days. In very hot weather, doors could also be opened, but please keep an eye out for passing roller skating waiters, marshals and other guests. Please note that as we are near a train station, occasional freight trains may go past, in which case it may be necessary to close the driver’s side windows temporarily.
Please keep your roof closed to ensure social distancing from other guests, marshals and roller skating waiters.
Sorry, dogs are not allowed on site apart from registered service animals. We are sorry if this causes any inconvenience.
Yes. There are individual standard and disabled portaloos on site.
Please note that these can only be visited once all of the cars have parked, ie no earlier than 30 minutes before the film, as moving cars could pose a danger to pedestrians. The toilets can be visited throughout the film, but will be closed when the film ends, again due to moving cars.
There will be minimum of 2m between each toilet, 2m ground markings to enable social distancing while queuing, hand sanitiser and a full-time attendant to disinfect the portaloos after use.
Please wear a face mask or face covering if visiting the toilets and be sure to maintain social distancing of 2m from anyone you may meet on your way to or from the facilities.
Current government guidelines state that you can “meet in groups of up to two households (anyone in your support bubble counts as one household) in any location – public or private, indoors or outdoors. You do not always have to meet with the same household – you can meet with different households at different times. However, it remains the case – even inside someone’s home – that you should socially distance from anyone not in your household or bubble. This change also does not affect the support you receive from your carers”. Please CLICK HERE for the latest government updates
There are no height restrictions on cars. If you are bringing a large car, please select a large car ticket on booking and you will be directed to the appropriate parking spot on site. We will fill up the end of row spaces first and then the rear rows so that all visitors can get a good view of the screen.
If you have a van or other large vehicle, please select a large car ticket and you will be directed to the appropriate parking spot on site. Cars and vans may not park with the back doors open due to tailgates blocking the view for others and for social distancing reasons.
Cars will be spaced a minimum of 1.5m apart to allow for social distancing. If you do need to leave your car to visit the toilet, please be aware of other people in the car next to you as you get out and when you return. Please wear a mask/face covering when visiting the toilets and keep at least 2m from anyone you meet on the way.
In the event of exceptionally hot weather, visitors may be allowed to sit outside, close to their cars, but only on the left/passenger side to enable social distancing from people in the next door car. Ticket holders will be emailed the day before the film if sitting outside will be possible, based on the latest forecast.
The Cinema Retrow bar will serve a great selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, available to pre-order when you buy your ticket or via the in-car app at the event.
Please drink responsibly and always ensure you have a designated driver. Alcoholic drinks will not be served to drivers. ‘Challenge 25’ will apply and anyone who is lucky enough to look younger than 25 will be asked for ID. Anyone without ID will not be served alcohol. Non-alcoholic drinks can be offered instead.
Yes. Children are very welcome, but please make sure that the film’s certification allows children of their age to watch it. Our stewards will check to make sure that all audience members are of a suitable age to see the film. Valid photographic ID will be required for anyone we believe to be under the age certification of the film. Please bring this with you.
If your child or baby is crying, we would be grateful if you could kindly keep your car windows closed so as not to disturb other guests.
In hot weather, please keep the windows open and make sure children are well hydrated.
Tickets will be emailed to you as ‘print at home’ tickets. Please make sure you bring your ticket with you either as a printout or to show on your phone/device for displaying as you enter the site.
Both of these tickets are the same price. We just need to know how many large cars to expect (SUVs, People Carriers, etc) as we only have limited spaces for large vehicles to allow the best view for everyone. If you have a large car but have bought a standard ticket, we reserve the right to park you in the correct area for your car size.
There are also cheaper £25 car tickets for some films and £20 car tickets for the People’s Choice film, Coco.
It is vital that all event procedures and safety measures are followed. This includes:
- Not coming to the show if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (contact us to arrange a ticket exchange).
- Not leaving your car unless you have to use the toilet facilities and if so please wear a mask or face covering
- If you have a problem, please put your car’s hazard lights on and someone will attend. Please keep at least 2m from the event staff or any other visitors at the event.
- For any questions before the event, please email [email protected]
Many thanks and we hope you have a really enjoyable visit!